The services of D-Law stems from an evolutionary web-based work archive designed by and catered for professionals in the legal, corporate, banking and finance industries. Currently, with searchable access to over 3 million litigation records from the courts of Hong Kong dating as far back as 1990 for civil cases and 2005 for criminal cases..
Litigation records are added to our ever-growing database on a daily basis and through our highly user-friendly search engine - our clients are able to efficiently stay connected with the most current and historical case records online from the following courts in Hong Kong:
- Court of Final Appeal
- Court of Appeal in the High Court
- High Court
- District Court
- Small Claims Tribunal Claim
- Magistrates' Courts
The relevance of Civil and Criminal Records
In D-Law, civil records are a simple log of the type and date of court cases filed as well as the parties involved, and are suitable for those who need to conduct a due diligence review or research of the below nature:
- Company background information (as filed with the HK Companies Registry at the time of the case) such as addresses, names of directors, shareholders, share structure and value
- Civil court cases relating to a particular company and/or its directors and shareholders in Hong Kong; and if so, how often and the nature of the claims against them
- Credit-worthiness of a particular company/party by checking if any case records were made against them by financial institutions, creditors and/or the Inland Revenue Department of Hong Kong
So whether you're conducting legal research, screening potential employees or identifying high-risk credit applicants - our specialized service solutions are aimed at making that decision better, clearer and more validated.
Our criminal records provide a brief description of the parties involved, the court and date of first hearing and the nature of case such as:
- Conspiracy to defraud
- Possessing false instruments
- Wounding with intent
- and more...